for our newsletter!
Methyl-N-vanillyl-6-noneneamide; 8-Methyl N-vanillyl 6-nonenamide
Neurotoxin; Prototype vanilloid receptor agonist.
Alkaloid naturally occurring in various species of peppers (Capsicum), predominantly in the fruits of Capsicum plants –> peppers or chili peppers.
- Chemically, capsaicin is a fatty acid amide, more specifically the vanillylamide of the fatty acid trans-8-methyl-6-nonenoic acid
- In the skin area strong additional blood flow and heat development.
- Has vasodilatory (vasodilating) effect
- The warming and circulation-enhancing effect is well suited for the treatment of muscle pain (e.g. in the context of fibromyalgia syndrome) and joint problems
- General muscle pain
- Diabetic neuralgia
- Other forms of nerve pain
- Joint problems
- Neck tension
- Allergic rhinitis
Furthermore, capsaicin substances find application as:
- chemical weapons
- doping agents in equestrian
- pepper sprays
We open up new dimensions with phytochemicals Secondary phytochemicals are not essential for plants, but still perform important functions. These substances serve as protection against herbivores or pathogens, but also ...
With more than 1200 substances (reference substances) Cfm Oskar Tropitzsch GmbH offers a broad range of herbal reference standards for the natural products chemistry. The portfolio consists substances from all ...