for our newsletter!
4-Allylguaiacol; 1-Allyl 4-hydroxy 3-methoxybenzene; 4-Allyl 2-methoxyphenol; Caryophyllic acid; Eugenic acid; 2-Hydroxy 5-allylanisole; 2-Methoxy 4-allylphenol
Allyl chain-substituted guaiacol; responsible for the aroma of cloves
Plant: bay (Laurus nobilis), basil (Ocimum basilicum), banana (Musa), cherry and nutmeg (Myristica fragrans).
- Has an intense smell of cloves
- Used in large quantities in the perfume industry for spicy notes, especially clove types and oriental scents
- Eugenol is a main starting material (edukat) for the production of synthetic vanillin, along with the lignosulfonate produced during paper manufacture
- In dentistry: analgesic (only superficial), antibacterial and anti-inflammatory agent
- Used for prophylaxis of pulpitis, treatment of acute pulpitits or acute periodontitis
- Eugenol has cytotoxic and genotoxic effect (this effect depends on activation by the enzyme cytochrome P450)
We open up new dimensions with phytochemicals Secondary phytochemicals are not essential for plants, but still perform important functions. These substances serve as protection against herbivores or pathogens, but also ...
With more than 1200 substances (reference substances) Cfm Oskar Tropitzsch GmbH offers a broad range of herbal reference standards for the natural products chemistry. The portfolio consists substances from all ...